To help protect your investment, RainSong® Graphite Guitars provides this limited warranty. Please review it and keep it handy. And if your guitar ever develops a problem that you believe is covered under warranty, feel free to call orour customer-service department.
Though filling out and returning the attached Owner Registration Card is not a condition of this warranty, doing so can help us confirm that you are the original purchaser. Please take a few moments now to complete and mail it.
- Terms and Conditions. RAINSONG warrants solely to the original retail purchaser of this RAINSONG musical instrument that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for as long as the instrument is owned by the original retail purchaser, and until the ownership of the instrument is transferred to another. This Limited Warranty does not cover:
a. Normal wear and tear (i.e., worn frets, worn machine heads, worn plating, string replacement, scratched pickguards, or damages to or discoloration of the instrument finish for any reason).
b. The subjective issue of tonal characteristics.
c. Shipping damages of any kind.
d. Any instrument that has been damaged due to misuse, negligence, accident, or improper operation.
e. The instrument case or gigbag.
f. Any instrument upon which unauthorized repair or service has been performed.
g. Any instrument that has not been purchased from an authorized RAINSONG dealer.
h. Any factory-installed electronics after a period of one year following the original date of purchase.
i. Cracking, discoloration or damage of any sort to the finish or plating for any reason.
j. RAINSONG does not warranty the playability of an instrument whose "action" is lower than the factory standard or whose string gauge is different than the factory standard.
- Limitation on Obligations. The obligations of RAINSONG hereunder are limited to repair or replacement of parts of the instrument found to be defective under this Limited Warranty. In no event shall RAINSONG be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to time, wages or lost profits, on any nature or kind or for damages to or loss of property. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE WARRANTY OF RAINSONG GRAPHITE GUITARS WITH REGARD TO RAINSONG INSTRUMENTS, AND IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE.
- No Other Warranties. The Limited Warranty set forth herein constitutes the entire warranty and representation of RAINSONG with regard to its instruments. This Limited Warranty shall be controlling over any conflicting terms and conditions of any purchase orders, contracts or invoices that may be executed in connection with the purchase of the RAINSONG musical instrument. No representation or warranty made by any RAINSONG salesperson, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon RAINSONG other than as set forth herein.
- Claim Procedures. Unless purchaser is notified in writing that repair and service under this Limited Warranty may be made by an authorized RAINSONG dealer or authorized RAINSONG warranty repair center, claims for warranty performance and service shall be made by sending the instrument, shipping and insurance prepaid by the purchaser, to RAINSONG at the address shown on the back, together with:
a. evidence confirming the original purchase by purchaser (such as a copy of the sales invoice or receipt, a credit card slip, or the like).
b. a brief description of the nature of the asserted defect.
c. the name, address and phone number of the original purchaser to whom the instrument is to be returned.
RAINSONG shall review the description of the asserted defect, examine the instrument, and make service, repairs and replacements as appropriate under this Limited Warranty. Upon completion of the service, the instrument shall be returned by RAINSONG to the original purchaser, shipping and insurance to be paid by the purchaser. In the event it is determined that the asserted defect is not covered by or is excluded from this Limited Warranty, the instrument shall be returned without repairs or replacement, shipping and insurance to be paid by the purchaser.
- Legal Remedies. Depending upon the state in which you reside, you may have additional legal remedies available under the applicable Commercial Code or Consumer Warranty laws.
Although your RainSong guitar is considerably more stable and stronger than conventional wooden instruments, it does need to be cared for. Exposing the instrument to high temperature or to strong physical shocks will damage it. In the case of Projection Series instruments, sudden and extreme changes in temperature or humidity can damage the guitar.